Below are the bits of 2014 I want to remember and take with me:
- Will and I got fitbits and started taking walks in the evenings to get our steps in. I cherish that ritual and can’t wait for it to warm up a little again – and for the sun not to set at 4PM – so we can resume. (I even created a hashtag on Instagram – #swyterwalks – so you can follow along if you so desire).
- I discovered Spin class at the gym and am in love. I have the shoes and everything.
- I saw my mom’s side of the family in Asheville in June. Although we were there for a memorial service and there were moments of sad reflection, overall it was a beautiful event and so good to see everyone. I need to get to Asheville more often.
- My cousin got married in beautiful St Michaels, Maryland. The whole weekend was magic.
- Will and I spent a day in Baltimore before heading to St Michaels. It was fun to show Will around a city in which I’ve spent so much time with family. We met up with my sister and her boyfriend for crabs at a table on the rooftop of LP Steamers. Perfection.
- After the wedding in St Michaels, Will and I spent a week in Washington, D.C. It was Will’s first time there and we had a great time walking all over.