(My Best 9 from my Instagram account @helenasweet. They are, unsurprisingly, all of Ada)
Ah, January. Time to make goals for the new year (and make them public so I can reflect at year-end!). My two main goals this year focus on things that make me happy – making things and spending time with my husband. Last year was a whirl with a newborn, so this year feels more like I’m stepping into my own space again.
- Get back into crafts. I’m always happier when I have a project I’m working on. That said, I have a completely horrible record when it comes to finishing said projects (anyone want a grocery bag full of rose quartz beads? ), so perhaps my goal should include completing something. Either way, right now I’m really enjoying crocheting. Blankets for children can be rather small, so I think I have a good chance of finishing this project.
- Monthly date nights with my husband. We already have January planned (by which I mean my sister is coming to watch Ada – I have no idea yet what Will and I will actually be doing).
We’ve got some other things coming this year – especially around the house. With Ada growing and becoming more mobile (she walked clear across the living room the other day!), we need to keep things safe but also have places for all the toys and little items to go. Other home goals (in random order) include:
- Fixing Ada’s closet. Currently, the bi-fold doors are … not my style … and there’s only one shelf and clothing rod. I have plans to add sliding doors and far more storage in there.
- Fixing the linen closet. Same terrible doors. Same terrible storage.
- Figuring out a new table and chairs set for the kitchen. Will and I eat dinner on the couch 99.9% of the time, but with Ada growing up I want a space for the family to sit together.
- Other cosmetic items. We’ve discussed repainting walls, replacing the ceiling fan in the master bedroom, installing a backsplash in the kitchen, and replacing some of the sadder looking light switch covers.
I love the location of our condo, so any of these small things we can do to make it work better for us will definitely help!